Here’s a few tips for everything that you need to know to make your Outside Lands Music Festival experience an amazing one. The lineup in 2023 is stacked. But keep in mind it is a three day festival. So it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Stay hydrated – First and foremost, make sure that you are hydrated because three days of being outside, you want to make sure that you are doing everything in your power to stay nice hydrated and avoid passing out. There are water stations. So make sure that you’re bringing like a Camelback or one of your reusable water bottles, they hydrate it.
- Wear layers or even bring a jacket. Once that fog starts rolling in, it gets pretty chilly at night. So definitely bring layers. In addition to bringing layers it might be helpful to get a locker that’s where you can store all of your things throughout the festival.
- Bring sunscreen. While being outside, wearing sun protection is important. My favorites for re-applying sunscreen to my face is the Supergoop (Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder SPF 35 in the shade Deep. I love using this powder as it applies well over make up. For sun protection for my body, I use the Supergoop Body Oil in the travel size.
- Make a plan on how you’re going to and from Outside Lands. I made the mistake of driving one year and it kind of worked out because we’re getting there like super early, which you don’t have to do. But if you can get shuttle passes or even take the muni or take the BART, to the Powell or Montgomery stops. While on the subject of getting there, make sure you have a plan on how you’re going to leave because surge pricing is out of control. To get from San Francisco to Oakland right across the bridge, an Uber was over $100. So make sure that you have a plan for how you’re going to get home as well.
- Eat, drink and be merry. My personal favorite of the festival: the food and drink vendors at Outside Lands is going to offer the best of the Bay Area. It’s the most impressive yet. Make a list of all the vendors that you want to visit before going. And keep in mind you’re going to have to pay to play. Let me know in the comments if there was anything that I missed and see you at Outside Lands
- Be prepared! – I’ve linked my music festival essentials in my Amazon Storefront here.
Check out my other recent blog posts!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. As always, I only recommend products that I truly love and would use myself.